Over the weekend I had a Medium Fever ranging from 99.4 to 100.8 which started Saturday morning. I wasn’t able to take my temperature until 5:00pm and that was the highest reading of 100.8. Continue reading
Well, I found out the hard way that my system just does not like Lentils. Lentils are on my good list of foods I should eat on my Bladder Cancer diet. I was so excited to find a canned lentils soup that had no added salt and all the ingredients where on the good list. I heated up the lentil soup for my Sunday night dinner. Just an hour after eating the lentil soup I started to experience some odd digestive problems.
I began burping with just about every breath. I was a little worried I would not be able to go to bed in another hour. The burping finally subsided about a half an hour after my bed time. Continue reading
As my 50th Birthday month comes to a close I thought I would share the most awesomeness birthday card I got from my Mom. She makes all her cards using several computer programs and she searches the internet for phrases, images and ideas.
I’m guessing this card didn’t require all the internet searching like her other cards usually do. What do you think? Continue reading
For my 50th Birthday I’m going to list 50 things about me:
- Diagnosed with Bladder Cancer on November 27, 2012.
- Right handed but can do many things Left handed (shoot pool is one).
- I’m the youngest of three brothers.
- In High School I performed in several Theater productions including Oklahoma.
- My parents bought an Organ when I was young and I took lessons for a short while. It was an organ that has the pedals and split keyboards. I mostly learned old time songs like Beautiful Dreamer and My Bonnie lies over the Ocean.
- I was born in Iowa and lived in Ralston Nebraska since 4th grade on up. I moved to Kansas City after graduating college.
- I’ve lived in Kansas City since 1987. Continue reading
I eat this every morning as a breakfast. It looks a little weird at first but tastes pretty good once you get use to it. I change it up with different fruit.
This recipe comes from the Budwig diet. Developed by Dr. Johanna Budwig for fighting cancer. Here is a little about Dr. Johanna Budwig. Continue reading