I eat this every morning as a breakfast. It looks a little weird at first but tastes pretty good once you get use to it. I change it up with different fruit.
This recipe comes from the Budwig diet. Developed by Dr. Johanna Budwig for fighting cancer. Here is a little about Dr. Johanna Budwig.
Dr. Johanna Budwig, a German biochemist and expert on fats and oils, originally proposed the Budwig Protocol in 1952. Dr. Budwig held doctorates in chemistry and physics. She is best known for her extensive research on the properties and benefits of flaxseed oil combined with sulfur proteins found in quark & cottage cheese. Over 50 years she published a number of books on the subject and worked with terminal cancer patients, healing them with her natural protocol of nutrition, sunlight, ELDI oils and stress reduction.
She discovered that the blood of seriously ill cancer patients was deficient in certain important essential ingredients which included substances called phosphatides and lipoproteins, while the blood of a healthy person always contains sufficient quantities of these essential ingredients. She found that when these natural ingredients were replaced through the use of the essential fatty acids and electrons in cold-pressed flaxseed oil and a diet of fresh health-giving foods and sunlight, tumors gradually receded, weakness and anemia disappeared and life energy was restored. Symptoms of cancer, heart & liver dysfunction, arthritis, diabetes and other diseases were alleviated and eliminated.
Dr. Budwig developed an all-natural way for people to regain their health even when they were diagnosed as being terminally ill. At the core of her protocol is a combination of two natural foods, organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil & quark or cottage cheese, which when fully blended and bonded together create a new food as the sulfur proteins in the cheese make the oil water soluble allowing the body to easily assimilate it into the smallest capillaries and into the cells, restoring oxygen absorption and healthy cell function.
Dr. Budwig worked with cancer patients, many terminal, over a 50 year period and had a 90% success rate when other medical efforts failed. She was very active, seeing patients and lecturing until she was 93, then passed away after an accident in 2003.
How to make the Flax Oil & Cottage Cheese Recipe
Equipment you will need:
- Wand or Stick Blender
- Grinder for Coffee Beans
- Measuring Cup
- Tablespoon Measure
- Bowl & Spoon
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 Tablespoons whole Organic Brown Flax Seeds (not Golden)
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Flax Oil
- 6 Tablespoons Organic Low Fat or Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 2 ounces Organic Almond Milk
- Fruit (about 1/4 cup)
- Raw Nuts (about 1 Tablespoon, not roasted, no salt. I use Black Walnuts)
Putting it all together:
- Put the 2 Tablespoons whole Organic Brown Flax Seeds into the Coffee Grinder. Pulse, shake the grinder, pulse, turn the grinder upside down, shake, pulse till it turns “fluffy” then set to the side.
- In the Measuring Cup, place 6 Tablespoons Organic Low Fat or Fat Free Cottage Cheese.
- Add the 3 Tablespoons Organic Flax Oil to the measuring cup with the Cottage Cheese in it.
- Using the Wand Blender work with the mixture in the measuring cup till smooth and creamy. There should be no visible oil remaining in the measuring cup.
- Add the ground Flax Seeds and Almond Milk to the Flax Oil/Cottage Cheese mixture in the measuring cup. Blend well using the spatula.
- Pour the mixture over fruit and nuts in a bowl and stir together. Eat promptly; the mixture will thicken the longer it sits.