Okay so I don’t have the type of bladder cancer that is wildly spreading. However I do have the type that loves to come back again and again. So the plan is to provide an environment that bladder cancer doesn’t like… an alkaline one. In addition to an alkaline environment, I need to improve my immune system as much as possible.
To create an alkaline environment I need to eat a special diet that once the food is inside me it turns alkaline. I am also eating all the anti bladder cancer foods I can handle. Some of the alkaline foods conflict with the ones that bladder cancer likes so I have to avoid some on the alkaline list. It’s a little complicated and making lists on this blog will help me out to remember what is “Good” and “Bad” in the food list.
Shannon is helping me out with this diet as we create/combine other information we find on the web to form it. He is really good with searching for medical things on the internet and can remember all this stuff better than me.
Here is an Alkaline/Acid Food Chart I found online to help as a starting point:
Foods to Avoid:
- Tap Water (chlorination)
- Starches (Wheat, White Flour, Pasta, Rice, Bread, etc)
- Fennel/Fennel Seeds
- Red Meats (Steak, Hamburger, etc)
- Pork Meats (Ham, Bacon, etc)
- Shell Fish (Shrimp, Clams, Lobster, etc)
- Caffeine (Coffee, Tea, Pop/Soda, etc)
- Artificial Sweeteners
Foods to Eat (must be Organic):
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Red Bell Pepper
- Sweet Potatoes (occasionally)
- Honey (sparingly and only occasionally)
- Stevia (sparingly and only occasionally)
- Chocolate 70% Cocoa or more (sparingly and only occasionally)
- Chicken Breasts (no more than 6 ounces per serving)
- Canned Tomatoes
- Brazil Nuts
- Essiac Formula
- Cold Pressed Flax Seed Oil
- Low Fat Cottage Cheese (only when used with the Flax Oil Cottage Cheese Breakfast)
- Long Grain Wild Rice
- Olive Oil
What I’m Taking:
- Flor Essence
- 2 tablespoons at night with 3 tablespoons water
- Herbal tea Detox
- Phytonutrients in the herbs of the Flor Essence Tea work together to support specific cells in the body. Cells such as macrophages, that identify and gather harmful toxins in the circulatory system. These cells transport waste to the excretory organs where other supporting antioxidants and fiber, also contained within Flor Essence Tea, neutralize and bind the toxins and help escort them out of the body.
- Here is a link to buy the Dry Tea Blend.
- Here is a link to buy the Liquid Tea Blend.
- I buy the Dry Tea Blend because it’s cheaper in the long run but it does require a lot of time to prepare the tea and it must be canned and stored in the refrigerator.
- Vitamin D3
- 2000 IU, 1 daily
- MaitakeGold Mushroom Extract
- 100 mg, 3 times daily with food
- Reduces recurrence rate after surgery.
- Astragalus Root
- 500 mg, 3 times daily between meals
- Activates p53, stimulates production of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) immune cells.
- Quercetin with Bromelain
- 800 mg + 165 mg Bromelian, 3 times daily between meals
- Slows the growth of estrogen-activated cancers.
- Resveratrol Extra
- 500 mg, 3 times daily between meals
- Retards cellular processes that cause tumor development and growth.
- Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract
- 400 mg, 2 times daily
- Cancer-fighting properties and may cut off blood vessels that feed cancerous tumors.
I will update this list as time goes by and I learn more. I go in for my first check up on February 4, 2013. I will have another Cystoscopy and they will check if the bladder cancer has returned. Hopefully this diet will help keep bladder cancer at bay. Time will tell.
Since I don’t have the traveling cancer type I am allowed a cheat meal once every two weeks. Notice it said meal not day. I am going to try this and see how it goes. It really helps to keep the food cravings down to a minimum by having the cheat meal. I’m not going over board with the cheat meal either. If I over eat it doesn’t really help anything!
So far I’ve noticed the pounds falling off with relative ease. It was very tough through the Christmas holiday with all the candy and goodies every where I turned but I made it through. It’s a little different when it’s a “I have to do this diet or risk getting cancer again” versus “I really shouldn’t eat this but…” ya know.
I do have to get back into a good habit of exercising. I have to get that aspect back into gear. It will help with my immune system and the weight loss. I was doing fairly good until the holidays and time off through me off my routine. I will get back on that horse (or in this case it’s an elliptical).