Shannon and I went for a ride and drove through the Christmas In The Park were they take a camp ground and fill it with beautiful lightedÂ scenes. You’ll have to excuse my video taking skills. This is the first movie made from a new little camcorder that I just got. I tend to bounce around alot and move too fast. It’s also a little over 16 minutes long. I hope you can enjoy it – just ignore our talking.
Christmas In The Park 126.9 MB (16:46)
Christmas in the Park is one of Jackson County Parks and Recreation’s most celebrated events of the year. Three hundred thousand lights and 175 animated figures and splashes of Christmas color transform Longview Lake Park into an enchanting winter wonderland. The entire family will delight in the warmth of this fun-filled, holiday display gift from your Jackson County Parks.
- Times: Night Before Thanksgiving thru December
Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday – Saturday: 5:30 PM – 11:00 PM
- Address: Longview Lake Campground, Longview Lake Park
- Phone:Â (816) 503-4830 (Always call and confirm events.)
- Admission Fee: No Charge. Donations, benefiting local charities, are accepted.
- Additional Notes: Directions to Christmas In The Park: Take 470 East to the View High Drive Exit, Exit South on View High Drive and follow to 3rd street. Directional signs will be posted off of View High Drive for Christmas In The Park.