I will be buying a new 20″ iMac Intel in about three months and along with it I will have to decide which PC OS to have installed. I have the choice of Windows XP or Vista. More than likely it will be Vista Home Premium. Hopefully by then the new Mac OS will also be out and I it will come on the iMac. I’m opting for the Parallels Desktop which will allow me to install any Windows OS onto my Mac. I can switch between Vista and Mac OS without shutting any of them down or rebooting. All systems may remain running and available at any time. All at the touch of a button. You can even copy info between the OS’s. How cool is that!
Here are some quick stats on the iMac I want:
- 20” widescreen LCD
- 1680×1050 resolution
- 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4MB shared L2 cache
- 1GB memory (2x512MB SO-DIMM)
- 250GB Serial ATA hard drive
- 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+R DL, DVDÂ±RW, CD-RW)
- ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB GDDR3 memory
- Built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0
- Apple Remote
I would have to up the memory to 2GB (I will be uping it to the max 3GB for $200.00) so it could handle the two operating systems at the same time.